I can’t tell you how much I love my Betties! Betties can be used hot or cold (microwave or freezer)! The Hot Betty is named after my former neighbor, Betty Wolverton. That’s a picture of the real “Hot Betty” below right, circa 1960’s.
Wondering what to do with your Hot Betty??
- Headache? Heat her up and try adding a few drops of lavender and peppermint. If a particular essential oil relaxes you, use that.
- Cold bed? Heat Betty and place her in your bed a few minutes before you climb in. She’ll stay warm for hours.
- Sore neck? Heat Betty and wrap around your neck. Betty’s weight will relax your neck and shoulders.
- Sore back? Heat Betty and place across the sore area.
Some folks like a cold Betty. Keep Betty in the freezer and use as a cold pack. On hot summer days, she’s a life-saver! Wrap her around your neck and relaxxxxxxxxxx.
- Ovulating or menstrual cramps? Lay Betty across the affected area. It’ll help!
- Having a baby? Roll Betty lengthwise up and down your back during labor to relieve pains. Lots of mamas have said it was a lifesaver during those rough hours of labor!
Your “Hot Betty” can be revitalized by allowing it to soak up some steam (rice is a natural humectant).
You can either take Betty into the bathroom and place on the counter while you shower, or wet a paper towel and put on your Betty while you heat her up in the microwave. Easy-peasy!
As you can see, Hot Betty is VERY versatile! Take her with you wherever you go! I love Hot Betty Comfort Packs and hope you do, too! Betty is double-socked for washing (outside sock only), filled with rice, and unscented.